Creation of LNG - Lawrence N. Greenleaf Lodge #169

Creation of LNG - Lawrence N. Greenleaf Lodge #169

+502 2286-5347
Ciudad de Guatemala,
Guatemala, Guatemala
Defensa Tecnologica S.A.
Go to content

Main menu:

Creation of LNG


Lawrence N. Greenleaf Lodge No. 169 A.F. & A.M.
A.F. & A.M. LODGE DENVER, COLORADO
                 
On January 12, 1926, a meeting of Master Masons was  called by Edd B. Willson for the purpose of forming a Masonic Club in  Montclair. A committee was appointed to draw up bylaws for the Club. The next meeting was held on the second Tuesday in  February, 1926, and the following officers were elected: President, Edd  B. Willson; Vice-President, Ernest S. Johnson; Secretary, Raymond F.  Hammer; Treasurer, Noel G. D. Boissier. The bylaws for the club were  adopted, fixing the dues at $2.00 a year for charter members; $3.00 for  new members for the first year and $2.00 thereafter. Regular meetings were held monthly at the Montclair  Civic Building and social meetings were held during the winter. The  membership of seven, who met the first night of the club, was increased  to 33 by September, 1927.
             
It was voted to ask the Grand Lecturer of Masons in  Colorado, Brother Charles L. Young, to meet with us and give a talk on  the subject, “How to Form a Masonic Lodge”. On November 21, 1927, the  Grand Lecturer came and answered many questions relative to the forming  of a Masonic Lodge and brought with him a petition for a dispensation  for a new Lodge. Eleven of the Club members signed the petition that  night. All the members were very enthusiastic about the proposed new  Lodge and when the petition was closed on March 1, 1928, forty-two had  signed it, twenty of whom were sojourners holding their membership in  Lodges outside of Colorado.                                
             
On March 1, 1928, we presented a copy of our petition to  the twenty-three lodges of Denver, who, after due consideration and  investigation, recommended us unanimously. On June 12, 1928, with the recommendations of the  Lodges, we presented our petition, together with our dues cards and  dimits, to the Grand Secretary, who checked them to see if everything  was in order. On June 13, 1928, Brothers Edd B. Willson and John  Oelerich took the dispensation given them, already filled in with the  exception of the Grand Master’s signature, to the Most Worshipful Grand  Master, John Andrew, at Longmont, Colorado, who granted us a  dispensation until the thirty-first day of August, 1928.
             
Our charter was granted on September 18, 1928, and we  were instituted a Lodge on October 2, 1928. The officers named in the  charter were: Edd B. Willson, Worshipful Master; William B. Moore,  Senior Warden; Raymond F. Hammer, Junior Warden; John Kyde, Treasurer;  Stewart M. Heberling, Secretary. Our first petition for the degrees of Masonry was  received from James W. Richey on the second meeting in October, 1928. We have had a slow but steady growth since we started  and now own our Temple, free of debt, located at 4th and St. Paul  Streets, Denver, Colorado.                                         
             
       Source: Grand Lodge of Colorado A.F. & A.M.                
             
         
Back to content | Back to main menu